Monday 8 April 2013

A quick tour of Christian's Bistro and some new stock

Good morning all, I hope you had a lovely Easter. Today's post is a quick tour of Christian's lovely Bistro Cafe Restaurant, which is part of the centre, and then a few peeks at what we have new in the centre itself. 

This is Christian standing behind his counter in his domain. One of the lovely things about Harrogate Antique Centre is that Christian's is here. I really like to have a good mooch around the centre and then sit down with a nice drink and a good chunk of (really very nice) cake whilst I think about what I have seen. Obviously Christian isn't here just to provide tea and cake for me, which is a great pity as I do love cake. The Bistro also has a lovely selection of full meals as well as soups, sandwiches and the afore mentioned cakes. I had a very filling sausage sandwich last time I went in, but then had to watch a friend eat a fantastic looking Eggs Benedict. You know when you order something and its good, but then you see something even better? My sarni was lovely, you can tell good sausages, but hers looked stunning. So its on my list and I'm having that next time.


As I said I have a bit of a weakness for cake so had to include a picture.


Or two......
But please remember that there is always a good selection of other lovely things to eat, all made fresh on the premises daily, cake is just my personal vice.


As you can see, there are plenty of tables and even sofas with coffee tables and magazines. It is a lovely relaxing place to come to. (Clean loos too - I do like clean loos.) And for the summer days there is a large seating area outside with tables, chairs and umberellas, but I'll show you that another day, when the sun is smiling.

Christian takes bookings for private parties too so why not come along and have a look?

But back to what's new in the centre itself.


We have a hay fork


and a huge pine mirror.


An outside lantern


and a couple of very nice pictures.


a selection of mirrors and busts


more pictures


and mirrors


A selection of painted furniture


including this blue chair, which I think is lovely.


Then going up towards the till on the back wall, we have some more pretties


some furniture


some china, including a very pretty Shelley tea service


and finally, from Phil, a lamp and some rather weird but wonderful looking stone creatures.

And thats it for today I'm afraid. But its always changing so I will show you something else next time.

Harrogate Antique Centre is open daily from 9 to 5, except on Sundays when we close at 4. We are easy to find on the main A61 Leeds Road just outside of Harrogate itself at Pannal.  We are opposite the Mercedes dealership. We have lots of FREE parking so why not come along and have a look.

Or, if there is anything that you have seen and want to know a bit more about please give us a ring on 01423 872463 and we will be happy to help.

See you next time hopefully.....


No comments:

Post a Comment